Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Assessment activity #5

A Library How-to Guide

I would use the computer to create this text. Much like in the computer lab in the Bernhard Center, I would make this into a start-up program that would open as soon as someone signed in. To make this into an effective tool, I would include a map of the library with clearly marked sections and reference points, as well as color coding of sections to make the work easier. Then, I would construct a simple and easy to follow list that would direct people to certain places based on what they were looking for. I would detail the checking-out process first. Then I would explain how to find books, journals and articles and if that wasn't enough they could look on the map and go to one of the help desks. Finally I would include a brief overview of how to use the library's web-site and give them a link to get them started.

No comments: